<

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Even good reality TV sucks!

Only recently have I jumped on the Rockstar INXS bandwagon, and even after stepping aboard I've fallin' off several times. I did see this past week's show, in repeat, on VH1 yesterday. This was my first exposure to Marty's song "Trees". Does anybody else think that this song is beyond putrid? I've lost so much respect for Dave Navarro (not that I had much to begin with), sitting there next to Washedup INXS, giving Skeletor a huge pat on the back for writing an awful song. Dave - shut up and rock! Trees by Marty Casey I don't wanna go through this life Without you by my side And I have got it all worked out In my head Here's how it's got to be It will be you and me up in the trees And the forest will give us the answer We, we make believe In a world we rule together We, can build our dreams With a knot tied tight to last forever It will be you and me up in the trees And the forest will give us the answer It will be you and I up in the sky It's a combination for disaster We got one shot So,...where do we go from here? It will be you and me up in the trees And the forest will give us the answer It will be you and I up in the sky It's a combination for disaster And I know there's more for us in this life "The forest will give you the answer"? Good luck with that one hippie! Also, what is up with all the theatrics? I expect this from Mig with his background in "musical theatre" (no comment), but does every move have to be so transparently planned out. You don't stop and tell the audience you're going to smash your guitar. You rock out hard and then break shit because it feels like the right thing to do at that moment ... and please STOP ACTING OUT THE LYRICS TO THE SONGS - THAT'S LAME! You're trying to start your career as the lead singer of a "rock" band, and you're already practicing for your downward spiral in Vegas. JD is kind of a prick, but that is what I expect from a "rockstar". I hope he wins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home