<

Thursday, May 26, 2005

bummed

Our mighty softball team fell 9-7 to an inferior team tonight. Very disappointing. The lose puts our current record at 4-1. A chocolatey Leo's Coney Island milkshake is helping me shake off the sorrow. On my drive home from work, I saw a very scruffy looking man cut through a fence and walk down the embankment of the freeway. I was in my car, stopped at the red light at the the corner of the service drive and 9 mile. I watched him as he crossed overpass, cut through the fence, and disappeared down toward the freeway. I am very curious to where he was headed. Why would anyone need or want to go down there? If it was a rainy day I would assume he was seeking shelter under the overpass, but this afternoon was perfectly beautiful. Maybe he needed a dark place to hit the bottle (or the needle). I think if I wasn't in my car, I would have followed him. This has brought on the realization of how little I know about the city I've lived in for nearly two years. Add to the To-Do List: Go exploring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home