<

Friday, October 14, 2005

random rant

I'm really annoyed by the over use of the words "that's hilarious". I like to believe that I'm somewhat skilled at telling a humorous anecdote, but when I hear "that's hilarious" as the response to my well thought out yarn, it makes me think you weren't listening. If something is funny, laugh (or at least chuckle), but do not respond with "that's hilarious". Be creative, even a few random words thrown together would be a better reply. Give me a little: funny becomes you. Lame as it is, it least it is not common. I realize "that's hilarious" is mostly a casual somewhat unintential response to situations that are only mildy amusing, but it is still effing annoying. If you happen to catch me slip up and use this phrasing, please feel free to slap me unconscious!

6 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's hysterical!

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger rjsmerigan said...

Mr. Scott Vertical ... you're a jerk water! That's right, I'm not so high and mighty that I won't resort to name calling.

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!!

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's hilarious

 
At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious: extremely laughable or entertaining

Consider also:

That's amusing, laughable, entertaining, humorous, witty, comical, or jaunty.
I enjoyed that.
Boffo!
That cracks me up.
That brings a grin, doesn't it?
What a gas!
Well, shits and giggles.
Zing!
You're gonna bust my gut.
Great, now I'm gay.

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fave is to say "what?".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home