<

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It must be 1:06am ...

Do you ever feel that The Cardigans are not as much of an underrated band as they are unlucky and overlooked (and Swedish, of course)? I saw them perform at the Bowery Ballroom during the CMJ Music Marathon in 1998. They were unexpectedly impressive that evening. I would go as far as describing the evening as magical or, at least, eye (and ear) opening with the line-up consisting of Emm Gryner, Kent, & The Cardigans. They saved their big radio hit 'Lovefool' for the last song. Which is the oldest trick for a newly popular band to keep a room full of drunks and industry wannabees interested, when they are still uncomfortable and unsure of their success. The Cardigans newest old album (from 2005) 'Super Extra Gravity' just made it to iTunes a few weeks back (I'm uncertain, but this may have previously only been available as a CD import). I'm curious (but not curious enough for that impulse buy), plus the cover art reminds me of ADULT. *note-iTunes always picks the strangest 30 seconds for their preview clips. Frustrating is it not?

1 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still so incredibly upset that Vanilla Ice cancelled his 'early' gig at CMJ that year. We really missed out with that one. Still, that weekend started one of my greatest musical love affairs ever, with The Dismemberment Plan. I totally should've found Emm Gryner and asked her to marry me after that cover of "Crazy Train." C'est la vie ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home